Friday, June 26, 2009

The Bucket List

It was a Sunday afternoon and the lab was looking like a graveyard.People were off enjoying their Sunday and what was i doing in lab?Well...downloading a movie..Come on! It was a Sunday for goddaske!..There was this movie starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson called "The Bucket List".The movie is about a wish list which is made by two terminally ill cancer patients played by Freeman and Nicholson.They go on to fulfill all the wishes before cancer gets them.The movie got me thinking...Hmm...Should I make a "bucket list" too...Not that I am dying of any disease or anything like that(you can keep those tissue rolls down..assuming you had picked in the first place)..Just for the heck of it..To think of the ten things that i want to accomplish before I kick the bucket.So here goes...My "Bucket List":

1. Finish reading the books that are piling up on my humungously huge "MUST read these book"..like "Rise and fall of the Third Reich","War and Peace" to name a few.

2. Do something different from what I am doing just now.Dabble in english literature..I always wanted to take up law.

3. Learn a foreign language to enjoy literary classics from that language..to get a peek into the culture and enjoy the cultural difference.

4. Help the people in a place struck by a natural calamity not by signing on the cheque and forgetting about it but by ACTUALLY being there and getting my hands "dirty " in the relief work.

5.Do my bit for the environment..Make sure that the future generations dont blame our generation for giving them a raw deal.

6.Go around the world to see some of the most beautiful sights with the person who means the most to me.

7.Say the three magic words to a girl to start a very beautiful and meaningful relationship. And to hold her hand as I walk into the sunset.

8.Take out some time for the people who dont demand for my time but have every right to it..my parents..close friends..people for whom I haven't been able to spend much time thanks to some reason or the other.

9.See my name on a publication as the sole author in a high impact open access journal.

10.And last but by no means the least,write my name as Dr.Adwait A.Godbole ;PhD.

Well that my friends is my bucket list.Not in a order of importance.But some of the things that I want to finish.

2 comments:

Mansi said...

Rather interesting bucket list, adwait :)may u achieve everything you wish for, soon enough.

Miles to go before i sleep said...

thats an interesting list!!!