Thursday, April 17, 2008

A few days back i was having a brainstorming session wid one of my friends who happens to be an atheist...d discussion centered on how do i define d concept of god,or rather what was god to me on a personal basis..was it someone who was mythical or someone who existed in flesh and blood..did my god have divine powers or was s/he a mortal whom we cud den call a role model rather dan a god...well,lets make one point very clear over here-why do we need to define god to be someone to have divine powers,as someone who can move mountains and walk on water..cant s/he be someone who is a mortal but has powers to calm u wen ur mind is in a turmoil.by powers i do not mean supernatural powers..the mere ability to be there in some form or another that calms u down...u need not have even seen him/her personally,but jus remebering him/her in ur time of crisis or tension makes u feel better..den he asked dat way u can visualise anybody..true i said,but den i asked him,wen soldiers plunge into a battle,all of dem utter a war cry..now wot they say is very specific and it's something all of dem associate with and dat gives dem d strength to face whoever is on the other side...same is d case wid me,my prayer to my god is something i do to instill dat psychological upswing in me....its quite strange if we consider all d times wen we turn to god..most of dem are times of crisis...but i must make it very clear dat dat god is not going to solve ur problems for u....if u r in trouble it falls on u to get out of it urself...den d question arises-if i kno dat god does not sit around trouble-shooting for me,do i accept d fact dat there is no such entity as god? yes,i said,agreed god is not my problem-solver,bcos i never expected him to...if i started shoving my problems on god,of wot use is my intelligence,my existence as a carbon-based,ape descended bipedal life form dat has been privileged to have a brain dat can think?i said a brain dat u CAN use to think and not u can ORDER to think..d brain is gven to u not d protocol to use.u need to develop it urself..anyways,let not digress from d issue....so,coming backfor me "god"or wotever u wish to call it now,is a safety cabinet into which i throw my innermost thoughts,speculations and feelings...den is god akin to an imaginary friend for me?umm....i conceeded dat point to him...does it make me appear as a weirdo i asked him...not at all,he said..all of us have imaginary friend..its upto us to decide wot kind of attributes we give dem...d discussion stretched well into d night,but let me tell u dat it was one of d best discussions i have ever had wid anyone..and it was made all d more enjoyable thanks to d person on the other side...for one he is a very good speaker and another is his knowledge regarding the formalities needed to b followed during an arguement..anyways, i need to get back to my term paper..need to submit it at ten in d morning...ciao...

No comments: